Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring Planting

April's showers have been coming down off and on here for the last 4 days or so and are expected to continue through the weekend. Thank goodness Colby was able to finish putting in all the garden plants in time for them to soak up the Spring rain.


We've added a few different items to the garden this year, including white radishes, jalapeno peppers, spinach, carrots, and onions. We didn't plant any green peppers or pumpkins, and we switched to all yellow pear tomatoes. Colby built a little wall to separate the herb garden from the veggies. The oregano is spreading like crazy, and the little starter herb garden Dede gave me for my birthday will be ready to make the move out of the pot and into the garden in short order.


On the advice of a coworker, Colby built a little cage for the cucumbers. We'll see if this helps keep them a bit more contained considering our small garden space.


I also planted some marigold seeds in a tea cup flower pot on the deck. It appears to be making strides, as well.



We have also added another vine to the fence in the dog kennel. It is the same type we had growing all over our fence in Norfolk, so I know it will grow despite my kiss of death when it comes to plants.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Impressive. I can heartily endorse staking your cukes, by the way. I put in a set of onions this weekend and I can already tell that I'll be checking on them every day from now 'til the eatin'!

Happy growing.